Paul Bettany Nabs Lead in Showtime's 'Masters of Sex' Pilot
He'll play sexual education researcher William Masters in the Sony Pictures Television drama project.
It's Showtime for big-screen star Paul Bettany.
The film actor, whose credits include Priest, The Tourist and Iron Man 2, has been tapped to play sex education researcher William Masters in the Showtime drama Masters of Sex.
The drama, from Sony Pictures Television, revolves around influential sexual education researchers Masters and Virginia Johnson and is being written by The Pacific's Michelle Ashford.
For Bettany, the project marks his first U.S. television commitment following a long feature career that has included roles in Wimbledon and A Beautiful Mind.
Masters of Sex was one of three pilots greenlit in August under new entertainment chief David Nevins. Ashford will executive produce alongside Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly (Justified, A Gifted Man).
Bettany is repped by UTA and Affirmative Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR