Paul Bettany Nabs Lead in Showtime's 'Masters of Sex' Pilot
He'll play sexual education researcher William Masters in the Sony Pictures Television drama project.
It's Showtime for big-screen star Paul Bettany.
The film actor, whose credits include Priest, The Tourist and Iron Man 2, has been tapped to play sex education researcher William Masters in the Showtime drama Masters of Sex.
The drama, from Sony Pictures Television, revolves around influential sexual education researchers Masters and Virginia Johnson and is being written by The Pacific's Michelle Ashford.
For Bettany, the project marks his first U.S. television commitment following a long feature career that has included roles in Wimbledon and A Beautiful Mind.
Masters of Sex was one of three pilots greenlit in August under new entertainment chief David Nevins. Ashford will executive produce alongside Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly (Justified, A Gifted Man).
Bettany is repped by UTA and Affirmative Entertainment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)