Paula Abdul Joins 'Dancing With the Stars' as Guest Judge
The dancer-choreographer and reality TV veteran will join the show for the first time after years of sitting in the audience.
Paula Abdul will judge again.
The dancer, choreographer and pop singer, who famously judged Fox's American Idol and, for a brief time, The X Factor, is set to revisit the judges' table on Dancing With the Stars.
Appearing in a pre-taped package during Monday's episode, Abdul announced that she'll sit in on the panel during the Oct. 15 performance show.
"I've been sneaking into the show for years, and now I get to be a guest judge," said Abdul. "It's a marriage made in dancing heaven."
Abdul has been out of a full-time TV gig since departing The X Factor during a massive retooling earlier this year.
The regular Dancing With the Stars panel -- Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli -- rarely includes guests -- though previous champs and competitors have sat in from time to time.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws