Peter Krause Did Not Have the Best Experience on ABC's 'Dirty Sexy Money'
In THR's drama actor roundtable, the "Parenthood" star and Emmy contender recalls creative differences on the short-lived drama and being put through "the ABC grinder."
Peter Krause seems quite content with the creative process on his current series, Parenthood -- but that hasn't always been his experience on television.
"On Parenthood, [showrunner] Jason Katims allows us to bend the dialogue a little bit, but he takes it all back in the end and edits the way he wants," says Krause. "He's quite open and free with his own writing in terms of the end product. I've had other experiences, on Dirty Sexy Money, where the battle was with the network. We were making one show and they wanted a different one."
Dirty Sexy Money, which ran for two abbreviated seasons between 2007 and 2009, wasn't Krause's first ABC series. He also starred in the late '90s comedy Sports Night.
"They have the final edit," he says. "They get in there and monkey around with it, too... I call it getting put through the ABC grinder. It happened to us on Sports Night, too, a little bit less so because Tommy Schlamme and Aaron Sorkin fought really hard on that show."
For more from Krause -- and stories from Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Kelsey Grammer (Boss), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Damian Lewis (Homeland), and Kiefer Sutherland (Touch) -- read THR's full drama actor roundtable or watch the full video below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws