'Phineas and Ferb' Duo Developing Feature Film, Possible Spinoff
Dan Povenmire and Jeff Marsh ink multiyear deals that include an additional season of the animated series as well as a new pilot.
Disney Channel’s Phineas and Ferb are heading to the big screen.
Dan Povenmire and Jeff Marsh, the co-creators of the animated hit, have each inked multiyear deals with Disney Television Animation for another season as well as to develop a feature film.
Under the pact, the duo who also serve as executive producers on the series will develop a pilot for Disney Channel, which likely would be a spinoff of the comedy.
The deal comes three weeks after Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension became cable’s top movie of the year in total viewers, drawing 7.6 million viewers on Aug. 5, topping all broadcast networks in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws