Piers Morgan Slams Madonna on Twitter, Reinforces CNN Ban
The host continues a bitter, seemingly one-sided feud with the pop star, tweeting: "you're still banned from my show."
Make no mistake: Piers Morgan really, really loathes Madonna, and he continues to spew verbal daggers her direction.
The Morgan-Madonna feud appears to be one of those instances where someone has an archnemesis, but the hatred is somewhat one-sided -- namely, Morgan has out it for Madge, but not the other way around.
In the CNN host's latest jab at the music superstar, he tweeted: "Welcome to Twitter @MadonnaMDNAday -- you're still banned from my show. Love Piers x." (He mentioned the singer's new Twitter handle she used for one day to promote her latest album, MDNA.)
Madonna's longtime manager, Guy Oseary, came to her defense on the micro-blogging platform on Tuesday night, responding in a word: "Really??" Plus: a link to a letter in which Morgan formally invited the Material Mom to appear on his U.K. interview show.
"Piers Morgan is delighted to invite Madonna to be a special guest for his LA recording of his UK chat show -- where she would be welcome to promote her new film and forthcoming album release (and perform two numbers)," reads the note, which was sent to Oseary in October of last year.
To which Morgan shot back: "Madonna's only been banned from my #CNN show @guyoseary - not my UK show, which sent that invite. But I'm now banning her from that too."
Morgan's rep could not be reached for comment; Madonna's publicist did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Morgan, who took over Larry King's primetime spot at CNN last year, has long held a grudge against Madonna. In a January 2011 interview with Access Hollywood, he called the singer "boring" and vowed never to have her as a guest on his show.
"There was a bread roll throwing incident in London in the mid '90s," he explained on the NBC entertainment news program. "There was an incident at a hotel in the south of France (at) the Cannes Film Festival involving a photographer and a bodyguard; there's been an incident involving a pub owned by her recently departed husband, Guy Ritchie, where my brother was the manager."
According to Morgan, his anti-Madonna animosity also stemmed from a situation when he was editor of the Daily Mirror tabloid, and she announced her pregnancy (with son Rocco) in a rival publication.
"What's most amusing is Madonna claiming not to know who I am, while her manager's busy tweeting me. Make your minds up, dearies," Morgan tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10