'In Plain Sight' Gets Fifth and Final Season Renewal
USA Network has picked up the series for its last season.
In Plain Sight has just been given the “there’s good news and there’s bad news” talk from the USA Network.
The good news is that the show has been renewed for a fifth season for eight episodes. The bad news is that it will be the show’s final season, a network spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The series aired its Season 4 finale last Sunday and got a good lift in the ratings with a 6% increase over last year. It also averaged a strong 4.9 million viewers overall with increases in the key demos.
The series stars Mary McCormack as a U.S. Marshal in charge of guarding the lives of people taking part in a highly classified division of the witness protection program. It also stars Frederick Weller, Paul Ben Victor, and Rachel Boston.
The series is produced by Universal Cable Productions with executive producers Ed Decter, John J. Strauss, Dan Lerner and Natalie Hiltz.
USA handed down a renewal for freshman series, Suits, earlier on Thursday. A season 2 order for the Callie Thorne starrer, Necessary Roughness, has yet to be announced.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR