'The Playboy Club': Colbie Caillat to Guest Star
The singer will play Lesley Gore and perform the hit "It's My Party" on an upcoming episode of the fall drama.
Colbie Caillat will visit NBC’s The Playboy Club this fall.
As first reported by EW, the singer has been tapped to play Lesley Gore in an episode of the upcoming fall drama and perform famed singer’s “It’s My Party” on the 1960s period drama starring Eddie Cibrian and Amber Heard, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The drama lends itself to big-name entertainers as the series takes place inside the Playboy Club and will feature performances by popular artists of the era.
Gore’s “It’s My Party” was a No. 1 hit on the pop and rhythm and blues charts in 1963 and was the first single for producer Quincy Jones.
Caillat is currently on tour to support her third studio album, “All of You.”
Caillat’s casting comes a day after former Smallville co-star Cassidy Freeman booked a recurring role on the NBC drama.
The Playboy Club premieres Monday, Sept. 19 on NBC.
Preview a clip of the drama below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR