'Portlandia's' Fred Armisen Teases Season 2 on 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' (Video)
The "Saturday Night Live" actor also teamed up for some musical impressions with the host.
Portlandia star Fred Armisen sat down with Jimmy Fallon on Late Night on Thursday night to promote the second season of the sketch comedy show, which premieres on IFC on Friday, Jan. 6.
The Saturday Night Live castmember was pretty quiet on the upcoming skits for SNL, focusing more on talking about Portlandia’s upcoming season.
Fallon asked how he had teamed up with his Portlandia co-star Carrie Brownstein, who was a member of the band Sleater-Kinney.
“I invited people from Sleater-Kinney to an SNL after party and I just met her and we just hit it off, and we became instant friends,” said Armisen.
Armisen added that the show has been well received by Portland, where the filming takes place.
“I was going to the movies, and this girl came out and just handed me a huge loaf of bread, he said. “They couldn’t be nicer about it.”
Of course, since Fallon is an SNL alumnus, and Armisen a current cast member, the conversation inevitably turned to impressions. Fallon busts out his Morissey imitation, and Armisen joins in.
They then bring out two guitars, and do a version of Elvis Costello singing “Happy Birthday.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)