'Portlandia' Preps Hour-Long Summer Special
The July 20 outing combines a director's cut of the second season finale with behind the scenes footage.
Portlandia has an especially long hiatus. The IFC series, now airing 10-episode seasons, is barely a blip on the TV calendar with a two-month winter run.
So to ease the wait for January's debut of the third season, the network has packaged a hour-long episode set to air this summer: Portlandia: The Brunch Special.
The outing expands on the recent Brunch Wars season finale, the series' first to depart from vignettes in favor of one linear storyline, and will include a director's cut and behind the scenes footage.
The special includes director Jonathan Krisel's own quest for the ideal marionberry pancakes and features guest appearances from Kyle MacLachan, Bobby Flay and executive producer Lorne Michaels -- in addition to co-creators and stars Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein and finale guest Tim Robbins.
Portlandia: The Brunch Special premieres July 20 at 11 p.m., after new episodes of fellow IFC original comedies Comedy Bang! Bang! and Bunk.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR