Obama's TV Picks: Critically Acclaimed Dramas From AMC, HBO, Showtime and Netflix
What the commander in chief is watching (and catching up on).
When it's time for President Obama to unwind with a little TV, he prefers heavy dramas over reality TV.
The president has made it well known that he's a fan of Showtime's Homeland and HBO's The Wire, but he's also said he likes HBO's Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, British series Downton Abbey, which airs on PBS in the U.S., and Netflix's House of Cards, the second season of which he's eagerly awaiting, friends of his told The New York Times.
Obama is also working his way through the DVD box set of AMC's Breaking Bad, the Times reports, adding that even though the series just ended, he's way behind and frequently reminds people not to spoil anything he hasn't seen.
The president also used DVDs to catch up on AMC's Mad Men, according to the Times, telling friends that Elisabeth Moss' Peggy Olson gave him insight into how his strong-willed grandmother dealt with life in a man's world.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR