'Pretty Little Liars': Another One Bites the Dust on Halloween
"American Idol" vet Adam Lambert makes a welcomed appearance as himself during the ABC Family's deadly holiday party on the move.
[Warning: Major spoilers ahead from Tuesday's Halloween episode.]
Even Adam Lambert couldn't save Rosewood from "A's" wrath.
Pretty Little Liars' latest Halloween, aboard a moving Ghost Train to Rosewood, was anything but ideal. By the end of the episode, one of Rosewood's own failed to survive. Who is the unlucky victim? Read on to find out.
"A's" latest victim is ... Garrett (Yani Gellman).
When executive producer Marlene King spoke to The Hollywood Reporter, she hinted that viewers would "think one person is going to die only to realize, oh my gosh, it's somebody else." That proved to be the case when troublemaker Noel Kahn (Brant Daugherty) pretended to choke to death, when really it turned out to be just a Halloween gag.
"This person is about to reveal a huge secret to the Pretty Little Liars, which they will eventually find out in season 3B, but this person is killed because he's about to reveal a big secret," King told THR prior to episode's air. And if you're keeping count, with Garrett's death, this puts two members of the N.A.T. Club on the "dead" list.
Garrett's death came at an opportune time for "A" as he had spilled some vital information to Spencer (Troian Bellisario) about the night of Alison DeLaurentis' (Sasha Pieterse) disappearance, including the revelation that Aria's (Lucy Hale) father (Chad Lowe) is connected to the ordeal. According to Garrett, Alison was seen talking to the elder Montgomery following a confrontation between Garrett, a blind Jenna (Tammin Sursok) and Alison.
Garrett had let Jenna believe he had killed Alison, when that wasn't the case. Was that one of the root causes for his ultimate demise? "I didn't kill Alison, but Jenna thinks I did," he said.
Not everything is rosy in Rosewood. Far from it, actually. With Mona (Janel Parrish) managing an escape act from the mental hospital, she and her "team" make a concerted effort to make the PLLs' lives as miserable as Halloween can be.
"Guess who's not going to make it to the end of the line?," "A" says in a text to Spencer. That serves as a fore-warning for Aria's hostage situation, trapped in a wooden crate in a train car and duct-taped up. Seconds before the crate is about to go off the train and into the abyss, her trusty friends pull her back in -- only to reveal Garrett's dead body next to her. Whew, and ew.
A big fight erupts -- again -- after the crazy shenanigans that just took place and voila, it's a body bag. Wonder what's in it ..
Here's what is known: Garrett's dead, Aria's dad may have had something to do with Alison's disappearance and a hand suddenly appears from underground.
Some other observations:
- Is Hanna's mother Ashley (Laura Leighton) seeing ghosts? After seeing a creepy young girl in a long white dress in the back of the Marin house and have a legitimate conversation about "scary things," the girl is suddenly nowhere to be found after making her way upstairs.
- Guest star Adam Lambert, who kicked off the Ghost Train party seems to fit right into the Pretty Little Liars universe, though wouldn't the partygoers be more excited to come across a surprise Lambert concert?
- Who had the best costume? Aria: Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby (the book, not the movie, Hanna); Spencer and Toby: 1940s noir couple; Hanna: Marilyn Monroe; or Emily: Barbarella.
What did you think of the episode? Sound off on your theories below.
Pretty Little Liars returns for the second half of season three Jan. 8 on ABC Family.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)