'Pretty Little Liars': Janel Parrish Upped to Series Regular for Season 3
The actress, who plays Mona on the ABC Family drama, had been recurring since the first season.
Pretty Little Liars closed out its second season with some big reveals, one of which was the unmasking of "A." But there's more news about the buzzy ABC Family drama.
Janel Parrish, who plays Mona (aka the all-knowing "A," according to the Season 2 finale), has been upped from recurring status to a series regular for the third season.
This doesn't come as much of a surprise as executive producer Marlene King has said that the person behind "A" would have a larger role in the coming season, which begins airing at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, June 5. When the finale left off, "A"/Mona was seen meeting with a visitor wearing a red coat -- looking oddly similar to one Alison/Vivian wore.
"A" has been a big driving force behind the Pretty Little Liars mystery, having been introduced in the series' pilot back in June 2010.
In the Sara Shepard books, on which the TV series is based, Mona was also revealed to be the first "A."
Parrish appears in Sundance film Celeste and Jesse Forever and was seen on the small screen in Heroes, The O.C. and True Jackson, VP.
This comes after Liars actor Tyler Blackburn was promoted to a series regular in late January.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR