'Pretty Little Liars' Returns Strong, 'Lying Game' Hits Series High
ABC Family's teen dramas returned Monday evening with explosive episodes.
The wheels were spinning shortly after the returns of Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game, but how did they do in the ratings Monday evening?
The season 2.5 premiere of buzzy teen drama Pretty Little Liars returned with a strong showing, luring 3.3 million total viewers to the 8 p.m. telecast. That's down from the season opener during the summer, which attracted 3.7 million, but a solid improvement from the summer finale that averaged 2.5 million.
Among adults 18-49, Pretty Little Liars averaged 1.7 million and 1.2 million in the younger adults 18-34 demo. The episode continued to connect with its core audience: young women, ranking as the top scripted cable telecast for the night in multiple categories.
The Lying Game at 9 p.m. returned to series highs in numerous categories, including total viewers (1.8 million), adults 18-49 (829,000) and adults 18-34 (579,000), following a strong lead-in. Remember, Lying Game launched in August to just 1.4 million viewers.
Pretty Little Liars, already renewed for a third season, stars Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Troian Bellisario and Shay Mitchell. Lying Game stars Alexandra Chando, Blair Redford, Adrian Pasdar and Alice Greczyn. Both series are based on Sara Shepard novels.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game