'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Olympic Swimmer Missy Franklin
The four-time gold medalist will appear in an upcoming episode of the ABC Family drama.
Pretty Little Liars is the latest show to get a dose of Olympic fever.
Olympic swimmer Missy Franklin, the 17-year-old who won four gold medals at the London Olympics this past summer, will guest star in an upcoming episode of the buzzy ABC Family drama. As who else? A swimmer.
In the episode, Franklin -- who will play herself -- turns up at The Brew, where competitive Rosewood High swim team member Emily (Shay Mitchell) works. Emily is shocked to see Franklin in Rosewood, and once she recovers from her initial impression, the two talk about swimming.
In addition to her gold-medal haul, Franklin took home a bronze medal. She is currently the world record holder in the 200-meter backstroke and has the U.S. record in the 100-meter and 200-meter backstroke.
Franklin joins fellow Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte, who guested on The CW's 90210, and gymnasts McKayla Maroney and Gabrielle Douglas, who guest starred on Hart of Dixie and The Vampire Diaries, respectively.
Pretty Little Liars will air its Halloween special next Tuesday on ABC Family, before returning for the second half of season three next year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR