'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: 5 New Rosewood Revelations
Lucas and Maya return to town but they're both hiding something that could affect Hanna, Emily and the rest of the gang.
"A" is at it again, this time spending most of his/her time terrorizing Hanna.
Pretty Little Liars did a tricky thing this week, whetting viewers' appetites by teasing potential culprits -- not the least of which included Lucas and Maya. But in the end, their unusual behavior was just a cover-up for minor revelations, and "A" still remains at large.
Here are five developments that unfolded during the episode, "Let the Water Hold Me Down":
[Warning: Spoilers ahead.]
1. What Is Lucas' Secret?: After Lucas disappeared after bringing Hanna out to the middle of the lake during Caleb's birthday shindig, he's nowhere to be found and Hanna isn't comfortable revealing to her mother or Caleb what really happened. So much so that Caleb leaves in a huff -- and in the middle of a storm -- that causes Hanna to worry. And the blonde high schooler comes closest to "A" twice: The culprit enters the girls' bathroom and overflows the sink and places a boat on the water (creepy) and breaks into Hanna's home in the middle of the storm (creepier), leaving footprints. In one of the episode's fake-outs, Lucas sneaks into Hanna's house and finally spills why he's been out of pocket: Because he lost Caleb's money betting on a basketball tournament.
2. Spencer, Private Investigator: Spencer follows a lead that brings her to a rehabilitation school for the blind. She meets a guy who says that Jenna seemed "motivated" to get out of there. "She kept saying she had stuff to take care of back home," he tells Spencer. The most revealing line of all? "She's really good at reading people." What does that mean? Spencer ends up stealing a sign-in book and sure enough, Garrett the cop signed out Jenna the night Allison was murdered.
3. Aria and Holden: Match Made in Fake Heaven: Turns out Aria's old buddy Holden isn't dumb after all. He's onto Aria's longing gazes over in Ezra's direction on their date. But lo and behold, he has a secret of his own too. (Of course he does.) "Maybe it's an opportunity," Holden says, before asking her out again. If there was a bet going on, there is a 95 percent chance Aria and Holden will connect .. for real.
4. Noel and Mona Break Up: Viewers don't see Noel at all this episode, but off-screen, he breaks up with Mona, who is a nervous wreck all hour long. Something seems off, especially after last week's "skinny dipping" appearance.
5. Maya Returns But ...: Emily's girl toy Maya returned to Rosewood, but after viewers thought she was somehow scheming with "A" (and it turned out she wasn't), it's revealed that she had a fling ... with a guy. Huh?
Did the episode confirm or negate any suspicions of who "A" is? Did the tag help with the sleuthing?
Pretty Little Liars airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC Family.