'Pretty Little Liars' Grows in Ratings for Summer Finale
The midseason closer averaged 3 million viewers for the ABC Family drama.
Pretty Little Liars made a big reveal, identifying a member of the new "A" team in last night's summer finale. But did it hold up in the ratings?
It sure did. The season three midseason closer hit a season high 3 million viewers, just a tad above the season premiere when it averaged 2.93 million. It also was on par with Pretty Little Liars' previous summer closers, which hovered around the 3 million mark.
ABC Family's buzzy teen soap also reached highs among several key demos: adults 18-34 (1.2 million), adults 18-49 (1.6 million), women 18-34 (951,000) and women 18-49 (1.3 million).
Not surprisingly, Pretty Little Liars dominated the social media conversation Tuesday. According to ABC Family, the show generated more than 709,000 tweets during the finale.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)