'Private Practice's' Tim Daly to Co-Star in CBS' 'Madam Secretary'
He'll play Tea Leoni's husband in the drama from "Homeland's" Barbara Hall and Morgan Freeman.
Tim Daly is getting political for CBS.
The Private Practice alum will co-star opposite Tea Leoni in the network's drama pilot Madam Secretary, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Homeland's Barbara Hall, Madam Secretary centers on the personal and professional life of a maverick female secretary of state (Leoni) as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics and balances a complex family life.
Daly will play Henry, Secretary of State Elizabeth McGill's husband. The character is a professor and father of their two children who is described as a tweedy academic and a college professor/expert on medieval religious history who can talk about Saint Thomas Aquinas for hours without repeating himself.
Daly next appears as a love interest for Mindy Kaling on Fox's The Mindy Project and on TV Land's Hot in Cleveland. He most recently starred in Sundance's Low Down and has three indie films in postproduction: After Darkness, Submerged and Hell of a View. Repped by UTA, Gateway Management and Behr & Abramson, he's best-known for Wings and playing Pete for five seasons on ABC's Private Practice.
Hall penned the script for Madam Secretary and will executive produce the CBS Television Studios/Revelations Entertainment drama alongside Morgan Freeman, Lori McCreary and Tracy Mercer. Dave Semel will direct the pilot.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR