'Project Runway: All Stars' Crowns a Winner
After weeks of anticipation, the ultimate designer was revealed on Thursday.
The moment of truth has arrived for Project Runway fans, as the season of All Stars has officially crowned a winner.
Mondo Guerra, who finished in second place during season 8, took home the ultimate prize on Thursday after his runway show went off without a hitch. Tommy Hilfiger and Neiman Marcus’ Ken Downing joined judges Angela Lindvall, Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman to pick a winner from the three finalists, which also included Austin Scarlett and Michael Costello, who finished in fourth place during seasons 1 and 8, respectively.
The trio was given four days to design a line, which were then shown at New York City’s Gotham Hall. Mondo was praised for his collection’s cohesiveness, while Austin was told that he didn’t have a full “collection.” Michael was complimented for creating a store-ready line, but criticized for a lack of sophistication with his prints.
The winner, Mondo, will ultimately sell his merchandise in a boutique inside select Neiman Marcus stores, and online. He also pockets $100,000 cash, and earns a spot as a guest editor with Marie Claire – complete with a full spread. As for the runners up, they’ll receive a free trip to Paris.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR