'The Protector': Veteran Actress Patty Duke Joins the New Lifetime Series
The Oscar winner plays mom to Ally Walker’s prickly LAPD detective
Lifetime’s new series, The Protector, starring Ally Walker may have gotten off to a slow start last Sunday with its premiere earning only 1.9 million viewers and critics wondering what else the series has to offer. But, a new casting may drum up some interest.
A Lifetime rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Oscar winner Patty Duke has been cast in a recurring role beginning with Episode 7, as first reported by TVLine. She’ll play mom to Walker’s Gloria Sheppard.
Duke, 64, is best known for her ABC sitcom, The Patty Duke Show, which aired from 1963 to 1966. At 16, she was the youngest person to win an Academy Award for The Miracle Worker.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)