'The Protector': Veteran Actress Patty Duke Joins the New Lifetime Series
The Oscar winner plays mom to Ally Walker’s prickly LAPD detective
Lifetime’s new series, The Protector, starring Ally Walker may have gotten off to a slow start last Sunday with its premiere earning only 1.9 million viewers and critics wondering what else the series has to offer. But, a new casting may drum up some interest.
A Lifetime rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Oscar winner Patty Duke has been cast in a recurring role beginning with Episode 7, as first reported by TVLine. She’ll play mom to Walker’s Gloria Sheppard.
Duke, 64, is best known for her ABC sitcom, The Patty Duke Show, which aired from 1963 to 1966. At 16, she was the youngest person to win an Academy Award for The Miracle Worker.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR