'Psych' Viewers to Pick Ending for 100th Episode in Real Time
The "Clue"-inspired episode, airing March 27, co-stars Christopher Lloyd, Lesley Ann Warren and Martin Mull.
Psych is asking for some help with the 100th episode.
For the first time, the USA Network comedy will task viewers to vote for the show's ending of the Clue-inspired episode, "100 Clues," airing at 10 p.m. March 27.
In "100 Clues," Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dule Hill) are invited to a mysterious party at a historic Santa Barbara mansion by Billy Lipps, a rock star whom Shawn and the Santa Barbara Police Department sent to prison five years earlier for murder. When a deadly crime is committed, five suspects emerge: the Butler, the Groupie, the Manager, the Author and the Host. Christopher Lloyd, Lesley Ann Warren and Martin Mull co-star, with Tears For Fears’ Curt Smith and Garrett Morris.
Fans on both coasts will be able to figure out the true guilty party, determining the outcome of the episode. Viewers will be able to vote for the suspects online at Psych's official website or through Twitter using hashtags for each culprit (i.e. #PsychButlerDDit, #PsychGroupieDDit, #PsychManagerDDit, #PsychAuthorDDit and #PsychHostDDit).
Real-time poll results will be displayed during both coasts' broadcasts of the episode. Two of three alternate endings will be available online and on-demand the day after the episode airs, with the unaired third ending on the season DVD set.
“This is a great example of how USA can eventize a broadcast and take fan engagement to new heights – before, during and after the show,” said Alexandra Shapiro, executive vp marketing & digital. “In collaboration with Dunkin’ Donuts, we have co-created a social TV campaign that interfaces with the audience at every consumer touch point, from TV to social channels to mobile.”
Psych's real-time episode campaign comes after CBS enacted a similar initiative in January with Hawaii Five-0, which produced two different endings for the East and West coast.
Sister network Cloo is planning a "99 Psychs on the Wall" marathon beginning Saturday, March 23, at 7 p.m., airing every episode until Wednesday, March 27, at 9 p.m., with "No Country for Two Old Men" (airing March 20 on USA).
Psych airs at 10 p.m. Wednesdays on USA Network.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10