'Psych' Books 'Breakfast Club' Actor for Season 7 (Exclusive)
John Kapelos, who played Carl the janitor in the 1985 classic, will appear in the long-running USA comedy.
Psych is headed back to the '80s.
The long-running USA Network comedy continues to embrace the allure of the decade, recruiting The Breakfast Club's John Kapelos (aka Carl the janitor) for a guest-starring stint on the upcoming seventh season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Appearing in the episode titled "The Santabarbarian Candidate," Kapelos will take on the part of Tom Swagerty, a Santa Barbara City Council leader who is tasked with serving as the interim mayor after Mayor Channing dies unexpectedly. The episode is expected to air this fall.
A fun Psych tidbit for you: Kapelos is the fourth actor from a John Hughes feature to guest on the series, joining Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy.
Repped by Characters Talent Agency, Venture IAB and A.D.S. Management, Kapelos' recent TV credits include CBS' Criminal Minds, ABC's Castle and Showtime's Shameless and has two films in the pipeline.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10