'Punk'd,' 'Jersey Shore' Spinoff 'Pauly D Project' Off to Good Ratings Starts
The cable network debuts its new Thursday lineup.
MTV launched its new Thursday lineup last night with a rebooted Punk'd and Jersey Shore spinoff The Pauly D Project, both series getting off to good starts.
Punk'd premiered its ninth season with Justin Bieber pranking Taylor Swift, Rob Dyrdek, Sean Kingston and Miley Cyrus, averaging 3.2 million viewers to the 10 p.m. premiere. Among persons 12-34, Punk'd snagged a 2.7 rating. (Punk'd, with Ashton Kutcher as host, originally ran from 2003-07 on the cable network.)
That led to the series debut of the first Jersey Shore spinoff, The Pauly D Project, which dipped to 2.9 million viewers at 10:30 p.m. Of note, the half-hour series rated slightly higher among persons 12-34 than its lead-in to grab a 2.72 rating.
The Pauly D Project comes just two weeks after Jersey Shore ended its fifth season with nearly 5 million viewers tuning in, down from previous season enders with the exception of season one when the finale averaged 4.8 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)