Rachel Zoe Developing Semi-Autobiographical Comedy at NBC
The celebrity stylist-designer will serve as an executive producer with husband Rodger Berman.
Rachel Zoe is trying her hand at scripted television.
The celebrity stylist-designer, who appears in Bravo's unscripted series The Rachel Zoe Project, is attached to executive produce a half-hour, single-camera comedy project based on her life for NBC, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Her husband, Rodger Berman, is also on the Universal TV-based project as an EP.
Aseem Batra (Animal Practice, Scrubs) is set to pen the pilot script, with Todd Holland (30 Rock, Go On) attached to direct. Batra will also serve as an executive producer with Zoe and Berman, along with BermanBraun's Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun and Dark Toy's Holland and Karey Burke.
The sale continues a slew of TV projects sold this development season that have an autobiographical spin to them. Among them: Donald Glover's untitled effort at NBC, Justin Halpern's I Suck at Girls based on his memoir at Fox and Adam F. Goldberg's How the F--- am I Normal? set up at ABC. In August, NBC gave a series order to Michael J. Fox's comedy centered on a father dealing with family, career and challenges, including Parkinson's disease. Last season's Are You There, Chelsea?, based on Chelsea Handler's memoir, lasted 12 episodes on NBC.
Rachel Zoe Project, which launched in September 2008 and will return for a fifth season, chronicles Zoe's life as a wife, mother, stylist and designer, and regularly features Berman, family members and employees. In 2011, Zoe was No. 1 on THR's first annual top 25 most powerful stylists list.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Kate Upton is Bringing Sexy Curves Back, Model Jessica White Praises!
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!