Racing Supreme Court Intern Appears on 'Today' (Video)
Meet Dan Stein, the SCOTUS sprinter who messengered NBC's Pete Williams the gay marriage ruling.
A Supreme Court intern is getting the celebrity treatment, thanks to a viral Vine video of his race to deliver Wednesday's gay marriage ruling to NBC's Pete Williams.
Per tradition, interns are assigned networks to which they must literally run to messenger news of the high court's decisions.
Dan Stein, who interns for the SCOTUS blog, captured the most attention for his zig-zagging sprint toward Williams, one of the first to get the news. Appearing on Thursday's edition of Today, he said, "It's an honor to be part of the history and the things that happened yesterday of course."
"You can't run in the Supreme Court building so you gotta do one of those kinda awkward fast-walk, not-run things," he joked, before running some papers over to Al Roker on Today's plaza.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR