'Raising Hope': Richard Dean Anderson 'MacGyvers' a Guest Spot
The actor's character will face off with Lucas Neff's Jimmy next season.
If anyone could carve out a guest spot on Fox’s hot comedy series, Raising Hope, it’s Macgyver.
A Fox spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Richard Dean Anderson will guest star on Season 2, as first reported by TVLine. He’ll play a father who gets peeved at Jimmy (Lucas Neff) for hitting on his daughter. Did we mention she’s 13-years-old? Misunderstandings happen and comedy is born.
Anderson is best known for playing the quick-thinking, resourceful, secret agent title role on ABC’s MacGyver, which ran for eight seasons from 1985-1992. More recently, SyFy fans have known him as Jack O’Neill from the Stargate franchise. He has also appeared this season in a recurring role on USA’s Fairly Legal and starred in the first and only season of UPN’s Legend in 1995.
Raising Hope returns for Season 2 on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 9:30 p.m.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR