Ralph Macchio to Star in Lifetime Christmas Movie (Exclusive)
Garrett Clayton will play his son in "Holiday Spin."
Ralph Macchio has been tapped to star in a Lifetime holiday movie.
In the Christmas-themed drama Holiday Spin, Garrett Clayton (Disney Channel's Teen Beach Musical) will co-star as rebellious teen Blake, who is forced to go live with his father after his mother is killed in a car accident.
Macchio will play Ruben, Blake's father, who runs a famed dance studio that has fallen on hard times and is preparing his star student -- and future step-daughter, Pia, for the annual Christmas Eve ballroom dance competition, the Holiday Spin, when Blake arrives.
After Pia and her partner have a falling out, Blake reluctantly steps in, much to Ruben's delight -- until he realizes that the new dance duo are starting to fall for one another.
Feel the Noise's Albert Leon will pen the project, which is being executive produced by Safe House's Scott W. Anderson. Jon Rosenbaum (Zeke and Luther) will direct, with Christian Bruyère (Lifetime's On Strike for Christmas) on board to produce through HS Productions.
Macchio, repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, Untitled Entertainment, next appears as a love interest for Fran Drescher on TV Land's Happily Divorced. Clayton is with Greene & Associates and Roar.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR