Rapper Eve Developing Semi-Autobiographical Comedy for ABC
The interracial effort, which is being exec produced by Aaron Kaplan, is earmarked for the 2014-15 development season.
Rapper Eve may be headed back to the small screen.
The Grammy winner is teaming with ABC to develop a semi-autobiographical comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Eve would star in the comedy and serve as a non-writing executive producer on the project, which hails from Kaplan Entertainment's Aaron Kaplan. The comedy is earmarked for the 2014-15 development season, and no writer is attached at the moment.
The project is said to focus on interracial relationships. (The prolific rapper is engaged to British entrepreneur Maximillion Cooper and has been vocal about interracial dating and her experience with his children from his previous marriage.)
This isn't the first time Eve (real name Eve Jeffers) has wanted to explore acting. She appeared in xXx with Vin Diesel, both Barbershop and Barbershop 2 with Ice Cube, The Cookout with Queen Latifah and The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon. On the small screen, she starred for three seasons on UPN's Eve as a fashion designer. She's also guest-starred on Glee.
Eve is repped by ICM, Untitled and Morris Yorn.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR