'Ray Donovan' Adds Wendell Pierce as Season 2 Guest Star
The "Treme" and "Michael J. Fox Show" star has booked a recurring role on Showtime's Golden Globe-winning drama.
Long-term prospects might be grim for The Michael J. Fox Show, but star Wendell Pierce will not be short on work. The actor just booked a recurring role on Ray Donovan.
Showtime's Golden Globe-winning drama adds Pierce, best known for his critically lauded work on The Wire and Treme, in the part of Mr. Keith. A parole officer who has falllen on hard times, he gets a payoff from Liev Schreiber's titular fixer.
Pierce, who recently concluded his four-season stretch on Treme, joins previously announced guest stars Hank Azaria, Sherilyn Fenn and Vinessa Shaw. Production on the 12-episode run recently began in Los Angeles, with a summer return planned.
Ray Donovan, from The Mark Gordon Co., became Showtime's highest-rated freshman series last year. The sophomore run finds Azaria recurring as the FBI's L.A. division chief and Fenn playing his wife.
Pierce, who also hosts Peabody Award-winning national radio program Jazz at Lincoln Center and is a co-owner of a fresh foods grocery store in his native New Orleans, is repped by Paradigm and Essential Talent Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR