Atlanta's Sheree Whitfield Joins the 'Ex-Real Housewives' Club (Photos)
The former football wife is now one of the women left in the wake of Bravo’s hit "Real Housewives" franchise, saying "I'm tired of the fighting and the cattiness.”
After weeks of reports that Sheree Whitfield’s time on Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta has come to a close, the former football wife confirmed that she’s now a member of the “Ex-Real Housewives Club.”
“After four solid seasons of helping Bravo build the show into its most successful Housewives franchise, I have decided to leave,” Whitfield said in a statement to Wetpaint.com. “The direction the show is going in is no longer a fit for my lifestyle. I’m tired of the fighting and the cattiness.”
“I want to be part of something that empowers and inspires women to not only be healthy, but to treat themselves with respect,” she continues. “I wish the rest of the women the best of luck. I’m thrilled to say I’m now a free agent and am already fielding offers.”
Whitfield leaves the show amid reports that Bravo wasn’t happy that she didn’t attend its recent Upfronts event. On the recently aired season, her conflict with her ex-husband, former Atlanta Falcons player Bob Whitfield, took them to court and her finances took center stage when a new house she was building was stalled during construction. On the reunion special, NeNe Leakes dubbed the property “Neverland.”
A Bravo spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We have enjoyed working with Sheree as part of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. We wish her all the best in the future."
During her time on the series, Whitfield did bring several unforgettable moments to fans. Most notable, she enraged Kim Zolciak on season two when she tugged on her wig during a heated argument. She also brought “Who gonna check me, boo?” to the pop culture lexicon after a partnership-gone-sour with an event planner. And on the recently aired season, her fight with Marlo Hampton in Africa had both women going through inexplicable (and hilarious) neck spasms.
With the departure, Whitfield joins an elite club of women THR calls the “Ex-Real Housewives” club along with former Atlanta housewives DeShawn Snow, Lisa Wu-Hartwell, New York’s Bethenny Frankel, and another recent inductee, Beverly Hills’ Camille Grammer.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game