Bravo Casting for New Beverly Hills Housewives, Says Camille Grammer
The new divorcee says she hasn't been asked back for Season 3 and that the network is looking for new wives.
After firing four New York housewives in one fell swoop last year, it’s entirely believable to me that Bravo’s eye is already roving for new cast members for The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills as it’s reaching its Season 2 finale next Monday. But, it’s especially believable when one of the housewives says it.
In an interview with the Huffington Post, Camille Grammer reveals that she hasn’t been asked back for next season and that she’s been told the production is casting new housewives.
"I had a good year, so I would want to go back for a third season. But they haven't asked me yet. So, I wonder what's going on with that," Camille tells the site.
"I guess they decided who they want and I guess they are going to start casting, looking for new housewives,” she continues. “They told me they were going to start looking, so it wasn't behind my back. They were like, 'Sorry we are doing a big casting call.' I was like, 'Thanks.'"
Truth be told, I'm not all that surprised that Camille has been placed on hold while the production searches for possible wives. Last season, she was a lightning rod for controversy among the women, especially Kyle Richards. This season, that’s all dissipated and her only beef has been with Taylor Armstrong. And in light of her husband Russell’s suicide after production, and the obvious signs of physical abuse in the marriage during shooting, Camille comes off at times like a soft-core bully (emphasis on the soft).
The situation she describes sounds very close to the one that went down with the New York City cast last year. The women were told they were still on hold until further notice while casting went on for other wives. Offers went out to the women they wanted to keep and to the ones they wanted to add. And depending on whether the women accepted Bravo’s offers, Jill Zarin, Alex McCord, Kelly Killoren Bensimon, and Cindy Barshop would learn their fate. We all know how that turned out.
A Bravo rep tells THR that the network doesn’t comment on cast negotiations and that no official announcement of a third season has been made.
It’s certainly risky (and a bit badass) that Camille is talking about the casting shakeup at all knowing that she’s already close to the cutting block.What are your thoughts on Camille’s possible departure and the chance of new cast members next season?
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
What's Hot in TV
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR