• The Hollywood Reporter on LinkedIn
  • Follow THR on Pinterest
AUG
31
3 YEARS

'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Premiere Will Not Be Pushed Back

Bravo announced on Wednesday that the second season will begin as planned on Monday, Sept. 5.

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
NBC

Bravo has announced that the second season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills will premiere as planned on Monday, Sept. 5.

“Bravo will proceed with the Monday, Sept. 5 premiere date of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” said Frances Berwick, president of Bravo Media. "Given that these episodes were filmed months ago, the producers of the show taped a brief interview this week with several of the cast members to introduce the premiere. Re-editing of the episodes is still underway."

While Bravo did not announce a special addressing Russell Armstrong’s suicide, as was widely speculated, Berwick said that the network “has partnered with the Entertainment Industries Council Inc. to raise awareness about suicide prevention.” The network will air public service announcements during The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, along with providing information and resources on its official website.

"Our thoughts continue to be with the Armstrong family during this difficult time,” said Berwick.

THR reported earlier this month that the cast and crew of Real Housewives had been notified that the premiere date may be pushed back by at least a week.

A source close to the series said that show producers met with cast members to discuss the fate of the series. Some close to production encouraged Bravo to nix the season altogether, considering some of Taylor Armstrong’s storylines.

“People are concerned about being associated with the show and [Russell Armstrong’s] passing,” the source said at the time.