Regis Philbin Joins 'New Girl' in Funny or Die Spoof, Kills Schmidt (Video)
The former "Live!" host worms his way into season two and takes serious issue with Max Greenfield.
The memory of Regis Philbin's time as Kelly Ripa's right-hand man may be fading, but the TV icon is keeping busy.
Funny or Die released a new short today, featuring the 81-year-old running amok on the set of Fox's New Girl, offering suggestions in the very cramped writers room, moving in on Zooey Deschanel's screen time and taking serious issue with one cast member.
"There's a bus, it goes off the embankment, kills Schmidt ... kills him dead," Philbin pitches the writers. "And the next episode... business as usual!"
He also refers to Deschanel as "the broad" and Lamorne Morris as "the black guy" and compares the shape of Max Greenfield's head to the late Eddie Fisher.
Up until now, Fox has only released one fraction of a clip from New Girl's sophomore season: a shot of Jess helping Schmidt scratch an itch in his awkwardly-constructed penis cast.
New Girl returns to Fox on Sept. 25, with two new episodes at 8 and 9 p.m. Watch the full Funny or Die clip below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10