'Reign': Francis Confronts Mary Over Her Decision Not to Wed (Exclusive Video)
The CW period drama returns for the second half of the season this Thursday.
Will the truth come out on Reign?
In the winter finale of The CW's period drama, Mary (Adelaide Kane) ran off with Bash (Torrance Coombs) after believing Nostradamus’ prophecy that her marriage to Francis (Toby Regbo) would kill him.
The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts a scene from Thursday's midseason return, where Bash and Mary are captured and brought back to the hotel. Following their return (and Bash being dragged to the dungeon), Mary and Francis have a tense confrontation where he attempts to figure out why she ran off with his brother and still refuses to marry him.
"Francis, please don't. Nothing has changed," Mary pleads. "Everything has changed," Francis responds, recounting a promise he made to "stand by" her forever -- even against his family's wishes.
But things aren't so simple for Mary, who's still grieving over the death of her friend Aylee (Jenessa Grant). Francis continues to prod Mary for the truth: How does Aylee's death affect her decision not to wed him? Watch the scene above.
Reign airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR