Studio Behind 'Catfish: The TV Show' Inks Overall Deals With This is Just a Test, Bogner Entertainment
Both companies will be tasked with developing scripted, unscripted and digital fare with RelativityREAL.
Studio RelativityREAL has inked multi-year overall deals with production companies This is Just a Test and Bogner Entertainment.
The move comes on the heels of a record premiere earlier this week for Relativity's Catfish: The TV Show on MTV. The unscripted follow-up to the company's critically acclaimed documentary, lured to 2.7 million viewers to the younger-skewing network. The new additions, which will be tasked with developing scripted, unscripted and digital fare, join a roster of producers that includes Jay Blumenfield and Tony Marsh (Showtime’s Gigolos), Ellen Rakieten (TV Guide Channel’s Hollywood Girls Night), Ashley Tisdale’s Blondie Girl Productions (Bravo’s Miss Advised) and Ray Ricord (Lifetime’s This American Housewife).
“I’m thrilled to welcome two new, ambitious and wildly creative production companies to the RelativityREAL family. Both This is Just a Test and Bogner Entertainment know how to tell amazing stories and make memorable television. They’re going to do a lot of both here,” said the CEO of Relativity Media's four-and-a-half-year-old TV arm, Tom Forman, in a statement.Added Aengus James of This Is Just a Test: "We are thrilled to be at a place that encourages entrepreneurship, creativity, and values innovation in production. And the snacks here are first rate.” This is Just a Test, a multi-platform company co-run by close friends James and Colin King Miller, counts theatrically-released documentary American Harmony among its credits. James has directed many of the company's projects, including docs and commercials for brands and non-profits. Additionally, he EPed History's Madhouse and served as cinematographer for Barry Levinson’s film Poliwood. For his part, Miller previously worked in production for Disney, serving as production finance lead on a series of animated films including Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph.
Bogner Entertainment is a family-run business founded by Jonathan Bogner, who was later joined by his son Oliver. The company has produced such series as E!'s Party Prince 90210, TLC's Down South Dance, Animal Planet's Addicts and Animals and Love Scouts for Oxygen. As a part of Bogner Entertainment’s deal, Oliver will oversee creative, Jonathan will oversee production and Jonathan's wife (and Oliver's mother) Cindy will work with business affairs.
Bogner Entertainment is repped by Rebel Entertainment Partners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!