'Revenge' Casts 'Rome' Actor James Purefoy in Romantic Role
It looks as if the ABC drama is making it very easy for Victoria to move on with her divorce.
Well, here’s a good reason for Victoria (Madeleine Stowe) to hire a new divorce attorney (played by Law & Order’s Courtney B. Vance as THR reported on Thursday).
Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that James Purefoy has been cast as a love interest for the divorcing Mrs. Grayson. He’ll first appear in Episode 17 airing in late-February.
"She's going to have a big, passionate love affair" with James' character, Stowe tells The Insider, which reported the casting first. "The next number of episodes, you'll see some of [Victoria's] origins. You'll see why she connects so peculiarly in such a strange way to people."
Viewers will remember Purefoy in the iconic role of Mark Antony on Rome, which aired for two seasons on HBO and BBC. Since then, he has appeared on The Philanthropist, Camelot, and Injustice. His film credits include A Knight’s Tale and Resident Evil.
Revenge returns with new episodes on Feb. 8 on ABC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR