'Revenge' Creator Inks Overall Deal With HBO (Exclusive)
Mike Kelley and his producing partner Melissa Loy will create and develop new projects for the premium cable network under their newly launched production company.
HBO is getting into the Mike Kelley business.
The premium cable network has inked the Revenge creator and his producing partner Melissa Loy to an overall deal, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Under the two-year pact, Kelley and Loy will create and develop new projects for the cabler under the duo's newly launched (and currently unnamed) production company.
The pact comes eight months after Kelley stepped down as showrunner on ABC's Sunday night soap starring Emily VanCamp following its uneven second season. Executive producer Sunil Nayar was tapped to take over the series, which will move to 10 p.m. starting March 9.
Kelley, who also created CBS' Swingtown, was previously based at ABC Studios and CBS Paramount Network (the latter of which became CBS Television Studios). He's repped by CAA and attorney Harris Hartman.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)