'Revenge' Promotes Barry Sloane to Series Regular
The sophomore season addition, originally slated to recur through episode 13, will now appear in the entire back nine.
Emily Thorne's (Emily VanCamp) complicated love interest is sticking around.
Revenge has upped Barry Sloane to a series regular, an ABC rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter, after originally tapping him to recur over the first half of the season as Aiden Mathis.
First appearing in the season two premiere, Sloane's character has yet to fully reveal his motives on the show -- only that he spent time with Emily in Japan and that the two share a romantic past.
As a part of his new deal, Sloane will appear in each of the final nine episodes of the current season, starting his regular status in episode 14, with an option to return for the potential third season.
For those keeping track of the plot, this news seems to rule out Aiden as the owner of the dead hand glimpsed in the premiere's ominous flash forward. Showrunner Mike Kelley says that storyline will wrap up with episode 14.
Sloane came to Revenge after ABC declined to pick up his 20th TV drama pilot Gotham. He is repped by The Collective, Innovative Artists and UK’s BWH Agency.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR