'Revenge's' Sunil Nayar to Take Over as Showrunner
Nayar has inked a new two-year overall deal at "Revenge" studio ABC Studios.
Assuming Revenge lives on, writer Sunil Nayar will take on the role of showrunner.
Nayar has inked a new two-year overall deal at ABC Studios, where the soapy drama is produced. Though it's highly likely to continue, an official decision on Revenge's fate will not be made until ABC's upfront presentation to advertisers May 14.
The news comes some two weeks after previous showrunner Mike Kelley announced that he would depart following the former critical darling's uneven second season. The latter has brought with it double digit ratings declines as well as harsh reviews from former fans.
For his part, Nayar boarded Revenge at the start of its second season, having previously worked on ABC Studios' Body of Proof as well as CSI: Miami and CBS' short-lived Three Rivers. As THR previously reported, the well-liked executive was widely expected to take the helm in Kelley's absence.
Like Kelley, Nayar is repped by CAA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR