Top of the Morning: Book Review
Brian Stelter's gossipy account of the rise and fall of "Today" co-anchor Ann Curry flops.
A version of this story appeared in the May 3 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
New York Times reporter Brian Stelter promises to take readers “inside the cutthroat world of morning TV” through the rise and fall of Ann Curry in Top of the Morning, his new book about the rivalry between Today and Good Morning America.
Curry inherited the Today co-anchor slot from Meredith Vieira in June 2011 only to be unceremoniously dumped for Savannah Guthrie in June 2012.
There also are detours about Good Morning America co-host Robin Roberts’ struggle with cancer and the rise of MSNBC’s Morning Joe.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'