Rick Perry Presents Top 10 List on 'Late Show' in Wake of Debate 'Oops' (Video)
The Republican presidential candidate runs down the "Top Ten Rick Perry Excuses" for forgetting part of his own tax plan during the live telecast.
You can't say Rick Perry doesn't have a sense of humor about himself.
The Republican presidential candidate and Texas governor made headlines for all the wrong reasons during Wednesday night's GOP debate. When asked which three governmental agencies he would cut as part of his tax plan, Perry named two -- and then struggled for nearly a minute to remember the third. In fact, he didn't come up with the answer until 10 minutes later, while responding to an unrelated question.
“The third agency of government I would -- I would do away with Education, the Commerce and, let's see," he said. "I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops."
On Thursday, he embarked on a media tour in an effort to repair the damage he'd likely done with voters, making appearances NBC's Today, CBS' The Early Show, ABC's Good Morning America, Fox News' Fox and Friends, CNN's American Morning and CBS' The Late Show With David Letterman.
On Late Show, he stopped by to read the night's top 10 list, titled "Top Ten Rick Perry Excuses," during which he pokes fun at his gaffe.
No. 7: I thought the debate was tonight.
No. 6: Hey listen, you try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you . That is one handsome dude.
The Late Show airs at 11:35 p.m. Watch a preview below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR