'An Idiot Abroad' Season 2 Premiere Nearly Doubles in Audience
The Science Channel series, featuring Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington, grabbed 1.3 million viewers Saturday.
Are viewers becoming aware of An Idiot Abroad?
Seems like it. According to season 2 premiere ratings, Science Channel's An Idiot Abroad 2: The Bucket List with Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington nearly doubled its audience from the series debut last year with 1.3 million total viewers tuning in Saturday at 10 p.m.
For an act of comparison, the debut in January 2011 averaged roughly 773,000 viewers.
Last week's season opener became the cable network's most-watched telecast ever among adults 18-49 (480,000) and 25-54 (538,000).
"It's fantastic news. I won’t be satisfied until Karl is as big a phenomenon as Justin Bieber,” said Gervais. “I just hope it doesn't all rest on hair.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)