Ricky Gervais Launching 'Learn English' Web Series
The British comedian and TV show creator announced that he had finished the new pilot in a blog post on his website.
Ricky Gervais doesn't stay idle for long. Or, really at all.
The Emmy-winning creator of The Office and Extras wrote in a post to his website that he had just completed editing on the pilot to a new web series, which will be called Learn English with Ricky Gervais.
The only detail he provided is that the project will be subtitled into as many languages as possible, and that due to the higher cost of production, he plans on either charging a few bucks per episode, or finding a sponsor for the series. The first episode, he said, will be distributed free of charge.
"I'm thinking of making a clean version of the pilot available for download so people can put their own subtitles on it and repost it," Gervais wrote. "You can do a Klingon version if you want. Interactive...so..."
This is hardly his only venture; Gervais is also working on a new British series, Derek, which co-stars his friend Karl Pilkington, and is also working on An Idiot Abroad (again with Pilkington), and Life's Too Short, with the actor Warwick Davis.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR