Rihanna Teams With Style for Fashion Competition Series
The 10-episode "Styled to Rock" will premiere next year.
Rihanna is teaming up with Style for a new fashion competition series.
The Grammy winner is set to executive produce and star in Styled to Rock, which will feature 12 handpicked aspiring fashion designers the chance to create fashion pieces for celebrities.
The 10-episode hourlong series, the first competition show for Style, is slated for a 2013 premiere.
“Rihanna is a trailblazer, a trendsetter and the epitome of style. She has a powerful and unique point-of-view that transcends every aspect of pop culture, including fashion, and is a leading creative force,” said Salaam Coleman Smith, president of Style Media. “On the heels of our successful network rebrand, Styled to Rock and Style’s new partnership with Rihanna will reinvent the fashion competition genre, fueling our viewers insatiable appetite for all things style.”
In the vein of other fashion competition shows before it, Styled to Rock will feature weekly challenges that "push the designers to their creative limits," according to the official release. Experts from the fashion industry will also be tapped to serve as mentors to the competitors and celebrity guests will help declare challenge winners.
Styled to Rock is executive produced by Robyn Rihanna Fenty and Shed Media U.S., Overbrook Entertainment and Marcy Media Films. EPs also include Nick Emmerson and Dan Peirson of Shed, James Lassiter of Overbook and Jay Brown of Marcy Media Films, with Style's Sarah Weidman and Merah Chung.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)