Rihanna Teams With Style for Fashion Competition Series
The 10-episode "Styled to Rock" will premiere next year.
Rihanna is teaming up with Style for a new fashion competition series.
The Grammy winner is set to executive produce and star in Styled to Rock, which will feature 12 handpicked aspiring fashion designers the chance to create fashion pieces for celebrities.
The 10-episode hourlong series, the first competition show for Style, is slated for a 2013 premiere.
“Rihanna is a trailblazer, a trendsetter and the epitome of style. She has a powerful and unique point-of-view that transcends every aspect of pop culture, including fashion, and is a leading creative force,” said Salaam Coleman Smith, president of Style Media. “On the heels of our successful network rebrand, Styled to Rock and Style’s new partnership with Rihanna will reinvent the fashion competition genre, fueling our viewers insatiable appetite for all things style.”
In the vein of other fashion competition shows before it, Styled to Rock will feature weekly challenges that "push the designers to their creative limits," according to the official release. Experts from the fashion industry will also be tapped to serve as mentors to the competitors and celebrity guests will help declare challenge winners.
Styled to Rock is executive produced by Robyn Rihanna Fenty and Shed Media U.S., Overbrook Entertainment and Marcy Media Films. EPs also include Nick Emmerson and Dan Peirson of Shed, James Lassiter of Overbook and Jay Brown of Marcy Media Films, with Style's Sarah Weidman and Merah Chung.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game