Rihanna's 'Styled to Rock' Adds Model Erin Wasson as Mentor
She joins Pharrell Williams on Style Network's upcoming fashion competition series.
Model-actress Erin Wasson is headed to Rihanna's Styled to Rock.
Styled to Rock, pitting 12 up-and-coming designers against each other as they style A-list talent in entertainment, will premiere its 10-episode run later this year. The celebrity guest of the week will decide which designer best achieves their vision and advances to the next round. With the threat of elimination looming, the remaining designers meet with the three mentors to analyze where they fell short and who will be eliminated from the competition.
“We could not have asked for a better addition to our team. As a leading model and mainstay in the fashion industry, Erin’s unapologetic approach to fashion and free-spirited style will give the Styled to Rock designers invaluable insight,” said Salaam Coleman Smith, president of Style Media. “With Rihanna as executive producer and Pharrell and Erin as mentors, our designers will gain incredible experience while also being challenged in new ways as they compete to earn the title of America’s next trendsetting designer.”
A Texas native, Wasson has appeared on the covers of French, German, Spanish and Australian Vogue and has walked for Chanel, Gucci, Lanvin and Balenciaga. In 2008, Wasson collaborated with RVCA with three clothing collections and launched a jewelry line, Low Luv. Three years later, she designed a capsule collection for Zadig & Voltaire.
Wasson has also appeared in front of the camera with roles in Sofia Coppola's Somewhere and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. She served as a guest judge on America's Next Top Model and Project Runway in 2011.
Styled to Rock is executive produced by Robyn Rihanna Fenty and is produced by Shed Media U.S., Overbrook Entertainment and Marcy Media Films. Nick Emmerson, Pam Healey, Dan Peirson, James Lassiter also serve as EPs, with Sarah Weidman and Merah Chung.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws