'Ringer' Episode 3 Recap: 6 Killer Phone Calls
In the third episode, it's all about paying attention to who's calling.
Just when we were starting to get down with the over the top outfits and campy nineties chic of The CW’s Ringer, its third episode decided to take it down a notch. This episode focused on Siobhan’s (Sarah Michelle Gellar) husband Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) and the phone belonging to Siobhan/Bridget’s attacker.
There were a lot of new twists and turns in this episode titled “If You Ever Want a French Lesson,” but really all you need to do is follow the phone calls. Here are the six most important phone calls of the episode.
1. Bridget calls her NA sponsor, Malcolm. The episode begins with Bridget telling Malcolm (Mike Colter) that she needs to find a way trace the calls made to and from her attacker’s phone. While talking to him, she discovers that Andrew has a photo that matches the one the attacker had on him. The two hang up and the man Bridget was supposed to testify against and his henchmen attack Malcolm. They spend the rest of the episode beating him senseless while he refuses to give up Bridget’s whereabouts.
2. The attacker’s phone rings. Bridget receives a phone call from someone who wants the dead man’s phone. He mentions she has dropped her scarf and that’s when she realizes she’s being followed. He tells her to place it on a bench and walk away, but she decides to keep it and run. Afterward, she finds the name of a divorce lawyer in Siobhan’s planner and goes to his office. She finds out that things weren’t going well between her sister and Andrew and that he could possibly be hiding property from her. Later. Andrew catches her rifling through his desk and tells her the property in question is worthless and she can check it out for herself.
3. Bridget calls Det. Machado. Right before that call, Bridget had decided to check out the property and finds out it’s as worthless as Andrew Claims. Then, the shifty man from the charity event appears and demands the dead man’s phone. Bridget makes a run for it, is able to catch a cab outside, and then dials Det. Machado (Nestor Carbonell). She meets him at a park under the guise of wanting information on the search for her sister.
4. The mystery man calls Bridget as she’s walking away from Machado. Turns out Bridget wanted the people following her to see her with the agent. She threatens that if anything happens to her, the phone goes straight to the FBI. Later, Bridget meets up with Gemma (Tara Summers) to give her tickets to the ballet she’s not attending and discovers that she has the exact photo that Andrew and the killer had. Turns out it was their holiday card. Feeling bad, she dresses in a frock Queen Elizabeth would think was over-the-top and apologizes to Andrew for doubting him.
5. Bridget calls Malcolm. He of course doesn’t pick up, because he’s getting the living daylights kicked out of him. She doesn’t leave a message thankfully, because that would just suck after he got beaten up for keeping her location secret. The men give him some kind of injection and by the blurry shots we believe he’s tripping.
6. Siobhan calls Henry. After kicking out the banker, Siobhan began throwing up. Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) receives a call and Siobhan says nothing while holding up the pink early pregnancy test signifying she’s with baby. Rewind, didn’t she already know that she was pregnant? Andrew mentioned it in the pilot, right?
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sundance: On the Scene