'Ringer' Ratings Dip For Second Episode
With an almost one million viewer drop for its second episode, Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't the "New Girl" anymore.
It seems that Sarah Michelle Gellar isn’t exactly the New Girl anymore. The CW thriller’s audience dipped in its second week as the other networks began rolling out their fall premieres – most notably Ringer’s 9 p.m. competition, Zooey Deschanel's quirky half-hour comedy, New Girl, on Fox.
The thriller about duplicitous twins attracted 2 million viewers to its second episode on Tuesday and a .9 for the ad-coveted adults 18-49 demo. That’s an 800,000-viewer drop from its premiere episode’s 2.8 million viewers, though it kept its .9 for the demo. It did improve on its lead-in, 90210, which held steady holding on to its premiere audience of 1.6 million.
It should be noted that The CW’s move to premiere its new fall series before the other networks came out swinging with their offerings was a good one and the fall for Ringer was to be expected.
Did you hang around to see how Bridget hid the body?
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting