Rita Wilson Requested No Nudity in 'Girls' Contract
The actress and wife of Tom Hanks will guest star as Allison Williams' mother on the HBO series.
When Rita Wilson signed on to guest star on HBO's Girls, she had one major stipulation: no nudity.
A signature of the Emmy-nominated series starring Lena Dunham are its casual and frequent displays of nakedness, especially on Dunham's part. In an episode from the first season, actress Becky Ann Baker, who plays the mother of aspiring writer Hannah (Dunham), is shown in the nude during a shower-related pratfall.
"I [wanted] it put in my contract . . . [They] don't want to see me nude," Wilson, 55, told Us Weekly. "That's all I have to say. I'm like, 'Don't write in any nudity, please!'"
Wilson, who joined husband Tom Hanks at Sunday's Emmys, where he picked up a trophy as executive producer of HBO's Game Change, will play the mother of uptight Marnie (Allison Williams) on Girls' season two.
"[Filming] was a blast," she said. "It's just one episode this season, but I hope there's room for [my character] to grow!"
Wilson also has a recurring role on CBS' The Good Wife as shrewd lawyer Viola Walsh.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR