'Rizzoli & Isles' Taps New Showrunner for Season 5
She will succeed creator Janet Tamaro, who exited the show in September.
TNT has found a new showrunner for Rizzoli & Isles.
Jan Nash, who worked on TNT's Memphis Beat and CBS' Without a Trace, will succeed creator-showrunner Janet Tamaro, who exited the procedural at the end of production on the fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
Tamaro, who had overseen the show since 2010 and will be a consulting producer on season five, developed Rizzoli & Isles from characters created by best-selling author Tess Gerritsen.
Rizzoli & Isles stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander as Jane Rizzoli, a tough Boston police detective, and Maura Isles, a medical examiner from a privileged background. Brian Goodman, Jordan Bridges, Lorraine Bracco and Bruce McGill co-star.
Rizzoli & Isles has averaged 8.4 million viewers in live-plus-7 ratings this season, up 6 percent from last year, with 2.9 million among adults 25-54 and 2.3 million among adults 18-49.
The news of Tamaro's departure came weeks after the August death of Rizzoli & Isles regular Lee Thompson Young.
Nash is repped by WME. She has worked on Unforgettable, Fairly Legal and Caroline in the City and began her career on the sitcom Ellen.
The remaining episodes of season four will premiere in 2014.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR