Rob Lowe, Scott Bakula Join HBO's Liberace Biopic
The actors join Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in the TV movie as the late entertainer's plastic surgeon and choreographer, respectively.
HBO's Liberace biopic continues to add star power to its cast.
The Michael Douglas starrer Behind the Candelabra has added Rob Lowe and Scott Bakula, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Parks and Recreation co-star Lowe is in talks to play Liberace's plastic surgeon, while Bakula (Men of a Certain Age) will play Bob Black, the choreographer who introduced the singer to his longtime partner, Scott Thorson (Matt Damon).
The project, which is being penned by Richard LaGravenese, takes a behind-the-scenes look at the relationship between Liberace and Thorson, his younger live-in lover. Jerry Weintraub (Ocean's Eleven) exec produces alongside Gregory Jacobs (The Informant!) and Susan Ekins (The Karate Kid series), with Steven Soderbergh directing.
The effort will reteam Bakula with Damon and Jacobs, who all worked together on The Informant!
For Lowe, Behind the Candelabra marks the latest TV movie for the actor following his title role in Lifetime's Drew Peterson: Untouchable. He's repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment and O'Melveny & Myers.
Bakula, meanwhile, starred in the NBC comedy pilot Table for 3, which was passed over at the network in May. He's with ICM Partners.
They join a cast that includes Dan Aykroyd and Debbie Reynolds as Liberace's manager and his mother Frances, respectively.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR