Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal to EP James Patterson TV Adaptation 'Private'
Sonar Entertainment and Tribeca Productions are developing the CIA drama, with Brad Furman set to direct.
Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal's Tribeca Productions has boarded Sonar Entertainment's TV adaptation of James Patterson's best-seller Private.
Private revolves around former CIA agent Jack Morgan, who runs the world's most elite investigation firm. With maximum force and discretion always guaranteed, Jack's staff of global investigators uses advanced forensic tools to make and break the cases that involve the secrets of the most influential people in the world.
Patterson, through his James Patterson Entertainment banner, will executive produce the 13-episode drama, which is being shopped to networks. Brad Furman, whose credits include The Lincoln Lawyer and the upcoming feature Runner, Runner, will direct the project. Tribeca's Berry Welsh will serve as co-exec producer.
For De Niro and Rosenthal's Tribeca Productions, the series marks the latest small-screen venture. The banner will exec produce NBC's midseason comedy About a Boy, adapted from the feature and novel of the same name. The shingle exec produced cop drama NYC 22, which ran for a season on CBS.
Black Swan's John McLaughlin penned the two-episode pilot and will serve as a writer on the series.
McLaughlin, Furman, Patterson and Tribeca Productions are repped by CAA; Furman is additionally repped by Atlas Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR